The student's parents will be notified by telephone contact by the middle of the school day in which absences occurred.
Requirements for Absences:
District policy requires written documentation for all absences. After ten (10) days, a doctor’s note may be requested for additional absences.
E-mail the child’s name, teacher’s name, and reason for your child’s absence to Becky-David Attendance
Steps to follow when absent are:
1. Parents should call the school each day the student misses and send a note to the teacher stating the reason for absence (851-4307). All absences will be checked by the office.
2. A doctor's statement will be required for an extended illness.
3. If your child cannot go out for recess, he/she must bring a signed note stating the reasons for being excused. Frequent or extended absences from recess or PE may require a doctor's statement.
4. Make-up work will be given to the students when he/she returns from the absence. The student will be given sufficient time to complete the assignments. Work may be sent home if a teacher is notified of an extended absence.
5. Please schedule vacations, doctors' appointments, etc. during scheduled breaks.